How to register a domain name is the question that many readers asked me after reading my guide on how to start a blog. I’m sure most of them are newbie bloggers because as many of you know, registering a domain name is very simple.
Today, to help them easier register a domain name, I’m going to create a detailed guide on how to register a domain name in step by step with screenshots. Enjoy.
Where Can You Register a Domain Name?
There are many places for you to register a domain name. You can register your domain name through a domain name registrar like Godaddy, Namecheap, Register and 1and1; or you can also register a domain name when you sign up a hosting account.
In this post, I’ll show you how to register a domain name with 2 most domain name popular registrars are Godaddy and Namecheap. They are the best and most reliable domain registrar in the world.
Now here we go.
How to Register a Domain Name with Godaddy
These are some screenshots that help you register a domain name at Godaddy step by step.
1. You have to go to Godaddy Home page by clicking on the link: www.godaddy.com (open in new window).
2. Typing in your desire domain name and then click GO button to check availability.
3. If that domain is available, click on Add button and then click Continue to Registration to add this domain name to your cart.
4. A new pop-up window will open, you can check to register more domain name for special offer or click on No Thanks to continue.
5. In the next page, you have to create your domain registration information because you are new customer, click Next -> Next -> Next -> Next to continue.
6. When you see the screenshot like this picture, click on Continue to Checkout to go to the next page.
7. In the next page, you have to create a new account by typing in required information like I did then click on Continue to Checkout.
8. Choose payment methods and click on Place Order Now to complete your order. That’s it, congratulations! You have just registered a new domain name.
WAIT – Click HERE to get SPECIAL OFFER from Godaddy! Register .COM FOR JUST $7.99* PER YEAR! You can register for multiple years. I did all times.
How to Register a Domain Name with NameCheap
NameCheap is a great place for you to register a domain name for cheaper price. And here is your guide on how to register a domain name at NameCheap with some screenshots. Enjoy.
1. Go to NameCheap Home page (open in new window), enter your desire domain name, click Search button, check availability of your domain, if it do click on Add to Cart to go to the next page.
2. In the next page, just click on CHECKOUT button to continue.
3. Create your new account at NameCheap by finish all required information then click on Create Account button -> In next page, check all box and then click on Save an Continue.
4. Click Next Step -> Click Next Step to continue.
5. Choose your payment method to complete your order. Congratulations! You have purchased a new domain name, login to your account to check your domain now.
Now You Are Ready Knowing How to Register a Domain Name
I believe this guide can easy help you register a domain name for yourself to start your online business today. If you have any question or need my help, feel free to ask me below. Have a nice day.